- Flight schedules between Fiji and Australia are limited. You won’t be able to comply with the permitted 24 hour transit window in Auckland due to current flight schedules with connections through New Zealand. Contact your airline or travel agent for more information. Follow the Australian High Commission on social media for regular updates on possible flights for leaving (see Local Contacts).
- If you’re still in Fiji but your visa is about to lapse, or has lapsed already, contact the Fijian Department of Immigration.
- If you’re travelling despite our advice, and hold a work permit or residency visa, you’ll need to seek approval from the Permanent Secretary for Immigration to re-enter Fiji. Once you have approval, you’ll need to provide results of a COVID (PCR) test taken within 72 of your departure for Fiji. You’ll also need to quarantine for 14 days at your own cost when you arrive.
- Fiji is allowing a limited number of yachts and pleasure craft to sail into Fiji as part of its Blue Lanes initiative. See here for more information or contact a local ship’s agency.
- To enable accurate contract tracing, download the careFIJI app onto your mobile phone and enable Bluetooth.
- Be aware that visa requirements may change due to COVID-19 restrictions. Contact your nearest embassy or consulate of Fiji for up-to-date details.
Members can also sign up to receive SmartTraveller alerts when the Australian High Commission updates the travel advice for Fiji, to ensure they have access to the latest information on flights and transit.